Activated Alumina Filter
More effective then ORDINARY alumina. Also refer new tec grade if ur requirement to absorb poisonous gases RXSOL-24-1905-025
Activated alumina 2 – 5 mm is highly porous material; this material can have a surface area significantly over 200 square metres/g. Very suitable for use as a filter of fluoride, arsenic and selenium in drinking water.
Activated Alumina Ball:
Activated Alumina Desiccants is a porous form of aluminium oxide. It has a high surface area which adsorbs vapors without any change in form. Activated Alumina Desiccants will not soften or disintegrate easily when immersed in water.
Dew points to -40°F and lower may be achieved with Activated Alumina Desiccants depending on dryer design and operating conditions.
The 1/8” (2-5mm) bead is the size most
frequently used in regenerative dryers.
If size is not known or specified, the 1/8” (2-5mm) size is usually satisfactory. However, if Activated Alumina Desiccants is used in a
regenerative dryer and the desiccant retaining screens cannot be measured, the 1/4” (5-10mm) size should be used as a bed
support (6” layer). If at all possible, obtain a sample and measure it before ordering.
- High adsorption capacity. With high surface area and excellent pore distribution, Activated Alumina Desiccants has a high water adsorption capacity. This reduces initial cost, energy consumption and operating costs through smaller bed sizes and/or longer operating cycles.
- Low abrasion. Insures less dusting during tower depressurization or loading. Low abrasion means low-pressure drop and a reduced chance of plugging the after the filter.
- Resists liquid water. Water slugging due to an upstream failure of aftercooler, separators or drain traps will not fracture the alumina beads. The adsorption capacity of the desiccant can be restored after complete regeneration.
- High crush strength. High crush strength, which limits dusting, is important during loading of desiccant towers. High crush strength makes alumina effective as a prebed material when used with other types of desiccants.
- Uniform bead sizes. Activated Alumina Desiccants is a uniformly sized bead. It provides low pressure drop to minimize channelling and ensures utilization of the full bed column section.
Physical Properties: ACTIVATED ALUMINA BALL Size 2-5mm Al2O3 94.6%
|Color and form||White bead|
|Bulk density||48 lbs/Ft3|
|Crush strength||17-30 lbs or 82N/grain|
|Surface area||1.74 x 106 sq ft/lb or 210.36m2/g|
|Moisture Absorption 33% –|