Flocculant (Cationic Polymer) DAF
Flocculating Agents B
RXSOL Flocculant is a very effective liquid treatment based on Polymer to separate oil residues from bilge water. It is iron-free and is completely safe for the environment.
Rxsol Flocculant is a very effective liquid treatment based on Polymer to separate oil residues from bilge water. It is iron-free and is completely safe to the environment.
International environmental regulations set strict rules as to the oil content in effluent water from ships. To meet these regulations, a combination of mechanical and chemical cleaning is necessary. Rxsol Flocculant is used in combination with multistage bilge water cleaning systems that include mechanical separation of free oil, emulsion breaking, flocculation and filtration. After dosing, Rxsol Flocculant breaks the oil-in-water emulsion created by contaminants in lubricating and fuel oils, emulsifying cleaning agents etc. It then destabilizes the remaining small oil droplets and agglomerates them into larger particles (flocs) that are easily collected by filtering.
Dosing method :
Typical dose rate: 100 – 500ppm (0.1 – 0.5 litre/m3 of water)
In a multistage bilge water cleaning system, RXSOL Flocculant is fed undiluted through a dosage pump connected to the pressure side of the oil descaler. The floc tank is fed according to the flow of the bilge water pumped into it.The feed is adjusted in connection with the installation and normally needs no alteration. If required, dosing can also be controlled by measuring the level in the container.
Technical Specification :
|Melting Point||-25 °C / -13 °F|
|Boiling Point||100 – 120 °C|
|Secific Gravity||1.15 – 1.25|
|Solubility in Water||Micible|
Features & Benefit :
- Cost-effective bilge water treatment based on specially selected Polymer
- Iron-free. Completely safe to the environment
- Acts by both breaking the oil-in-water emulsion and by building flocs
- Remaining oil sludge can be burned onboard or pumped ashore-contains very little water
- Helps to meet environmental regulations on oil content. Discharged water contains normally less than 3 ppm oil
- Low dosage, economical use
- Effective over an extended pH-range. Eliminates the use of pH-stabilising chemicals
Handling and Storage :
Avoid all personal contact, including inhalation. Wear protective clothing when risk of exposure occurs. Use in a well-ventilated area.
Store in original containers. Keep containers securely sealed. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area.